"Get results when you need them."
"Built on a smart, unified platform."
"Powered by machine learning."
Forget the marketing jargon. Oracle Management Cloud is a service that consists of 4 interrelated monitoring services:
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Infrastructure Monitoring
- Log Analytics
- IT Analytics
Through the use of agents deployed to your hosts, data is collected on those target hosts and pushed in near real-time to the Oracle Management Cloud Service, providing a single, unified interface to your entire environment. It's very easy to deploy, no infrastructure costs are needed, and is easily scalable.
This blog post is part of a series of blog posts related to the Oracle Management Cloud:
- How do you manage your cloud? Strategies for multi-vendor public, private, and hybrid cloud management
- What is the Oracle Management Cloud?
- Cloud Agent Install
- Deploying the Oracle Management Cloud Application Performance Monitoring Agent on WebLogic
- Managing the Oracle Cloud Agent
- Setup Entities in Log Analytics
- Types of Oracle APM Agents
- Installing the Oracle APM Java Agent on WebLogic
- Logging into Oracle APM Cloud Service for the first time
- Overview of Oracle APM Cloud Service features
- Alerting in Oracle Application Performance (APM)